Unbelievable Spinach and "Sausage" Calzones (altered from allrecipes.com)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Italian Medley
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package MorningStar Farms Sausage Style Crumbles
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed and cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 loaves of frozen white bread dough, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, eggs, Italian Medley, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and "sausage." Set aside.
- Divide each loaf of bread dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece out to about an 8 inch circle. (You may need to let the dough rest in between rolling so it will stop contracting back when you try to roll it out larger) Spoon about 1/4 cup of the ricotta filling onto each circle, add a generous 1/4 cup of the spinach and mix into the cheese filling. Fold over and seal the edges. Place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until nicely browned on the tops and bottoms. **We recently got a convection oven, and I found it only took 15 minutes to bake them with the convection fan.**